Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Here is the place to share your questions/comments about your setup of the UMIK-1 USB measurement microphone

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

REW readings about 40dB too high 1 month 3 weeks ago #56229

• philpope
  • philpope's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
I have measured the voltage coming out my amplifier at 2.8V. driving a double 15 hornloaded bass bin.with the umik1 microphone 1m away I am expecting something like 102dB. REW is saying 148dB! What is wrong?

calibration file starts with
"Sens Factor =-.8599dB, SERNO: 7043288"

should the quotation marks be there or does that make REW ignore it as a comment?

I have read elsewhere that the file should start with a line such as:Sensitivity -12.34 dBFS

Is this related to the sens factor? is the 12.34 figure correct for all umik1 or is it unique to each mic?

I have seen mention of internal dip switches - could these be set incorrectly?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

REW readings about 40dB too high 1 month 3 weeks ago #56235

• devteam
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1290
Something is indeed odd here.. :-) Not sure what it could be but it does sound like a misconfigured gain or such or improperly processed cal file by REW. 
Either ways, easiest to just open a support ticket with our team (support.minidsp.com). We'll be here to help. 

DevTeam
miniDSP, building a DSP community one board at a time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: devteam