Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Here is the place to share your questions/comments about your setup of the UMIK-1 USB measurement microphone

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

UMIK-1 not reading low frequencies? 4 months 1 week ago #55676

• hella356
  • hella356's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
I have a C-DSP 8x12 DL, latest firmware/software. In both Dirac Live and REW, the UMIK-1 is not reading low frequencies properly - Stereo Integrity SQL-12 subwoofer measures like a mid-woofer, but playing test tones and music through the head unit shows strong low bass. In DL software, I can hear/feel substantial low-end, but it doesn't read it in the program. The rest of the frequency range appears to be recording properly.

Could there be some Windows setting or Dirac Live setting that could be affecting this? Perhaps the mic is defective?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

UMIK-1 not reading low frequencies? 3 months 3 weeks ago #55890

• 1eht
Did you manage to solve this ? I have same issue  sharp drop from 45hz at 30hz its 15db. With sonus faber stradivari and rythmik sub

UMIK-1 not reading low frequencies? 3 months 3 weeks ago #55892

• hella356
I tried everything I could think of - BIOS update and settings, reinstalling Windows 10, disabling onboard mics, multiple drivers, different USB ports, etc. Nothing worked. Have tried 3 other laptops with the same mic, all worked fine, so I ended up getting a new laptop. Annoying waste of time, and not happy to have had to buy a 2nd laptop, but at least I'm no longer chasing my tail.

UMIK-1 not reading low frequencies? 3 months 3 weeks ago #55893

• mdsimon2
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 85
Just a guess but it kind of sounds like the "Enable Audio Enhancement" issue discussed in the thread below.

www.minidsp.com/forum/dirac-series-suppo...irac-newbie-question

Michael
The following user(s) said Thank You: 1eht

UMIK-1 not reading low frequencies? 3 months 3 weeks ago #55894

• hella356
I have W10 Pro and do not have that checkbox in the settings - I'm going to try Home version to see if it fixes it, as I could save some $$ by returning the new laptop.

UMIK-1 not reading low frequencies? 3 months 3 weeks ago #55895

• 1eht
 Im on windows 10 Enterprise, might get another laptop see how that goes. 

UMIK-1 not reading low frequencies? 3 months 3 weeks ago #55897

• 1eht
 "Enable Audio Enhancement" 

FIXED IT ! 
THANKS !

UMIK-1 not reading low frequencies? 3 months 3 weeks ago #55900

• hella356
I wiped my previous laptop and installed W10 Home and the  "Enable Audio Enhancement" checkbox was there. It was not there with W10 Pro, nor is it there on the newer laptop running W10 Home. On the older laptop, I unchecked it and it now appears to be working fine. I'm guessing that some laptops have hardware differences regarding sound (and possibly USB) that have some form of  "Audio Enhancement" feature that somehow are only accessible under W10 Home, and not W10 Pro or Enterprise. Had I known this - I've seen nothing about it in miniDSP's documentation - I would have saved myself many hours of time and hundreds of dollars on a new laptop.

To miniDSP - assuming this isn't already the case and I missed it - can you please investigate this and make note of this on your documentation? This is an issue that has affected many of your customers, and a simple note in your docs could save people a lot of time and money and stress. Otherwise very happy with your gear.

UMIK-1 not reading low frequencies? 3 months 3 weeks ago #55901

• 1eht
Yes agree. it need to be added to www.minidsp.com/applications/acoustic-me...mik-1-setup-with-rew

What ive noticed since unchecking that box is my room noise floor has risen from 33db to over 40db? 

• Page:
Moderators: devteam