Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Here is the place to share your questions/comments about your setup of the UMIK-1 USB measurement microphone

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

is my UMIK 1 faulty? 1 year 7 months ago #51729

• Tmurph2592
  • Tmurph2592's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
I have done a bunch of mesurements in rew and durac without issue. When I went to do a REW mesurement today when trying to set levels. My UMIK is saying my room with no noise is measuring at 80 DB which obviously is not the case. It seems to be picking up way more signal than is being put through it no matter what I do. am i just missing something here? Or is there a problem with my mic any input would be much appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

is my UMIK 1 faulty? 1 year 7 months ago #51806

• Champster
  • Thank you received: 3
I really doubt your mic is all of the sudden faulty if you’ve used it before and haven’t damaged it somehow. I trust you’re still seeing the blue light. Irrespective of background noise, are you able to capture any sound with it? Have you double checked your mic sensitivity settings? What equipment has changed in your setup since the last time you used it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: devteam