Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Here is the place to share your questions/comments about your setup of the UMIK-1 USB measurement microphone

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

noisy neighbor - recording his noise pollution 1 year 9 months ago #50583

• mkubrak1
  • mkubrak1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
hi everyone, i live in a poorly built apartment complex in a nice area (marina), and i have a neighbor who insists to use his chair to make noise pollution well into the night. Sudden jolts of wood rubbing the rough tiles. I need to record several instances of his noise pollution on the other side of the wall.

i bought the U-Mik specifically for this purpose, and i just got started with the REW software, and the first thing it told me is that i don't have a calibration file. what should i do about that?

welcoming any tips

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

noisy neighbor - recording his noise pollution 1 year 9 months ago #50592

• Ultrasonic
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 418
Not sure why you started a new thread. I'll link to your old one to save other users covering the same points as have been already:

www.minidsp.com/forum/minidsp-for-newbie...-his-noise-pollution

As for the calibration file you will need to download this from the miniDSP website. There should have been information on how to do this provided with your order? I did this for mine a few years ago now and can't remember the exact process.

Last edit: by Ultrasonic.

noisy neighbor - recording his noise pollution 1 year 9 months ago #50940

• mvs0
  • Thank you received: 6

hi everyone, i live in a poorly built apartment complex in a nice area (marina), and i have a neighbor who insists to use his chair to make noise pollution well into the night. Sudden jolts of wood rubbing the rough tiles. I need to record several instances of his noise pollution on the other side of the wall.

welcoming any tips

The UMIK does not shine with respect to noise floor levels.
As you are recording things you hear at night, levels well below 30dB SPL are clearly audible.
Not sure if the UMIK can resolve this, its noise level is higher than 30dB especially in the lower frequencies.

Last edit: by mvs0.

noisy neighbor - recording his noise pollution 1 year 7 months ago #51733

• vitglobal
  • Thank you received: 0
You can get dBAMonitor from www.eruido.org. Then use a calibrator (94dB 1KHz) to set the offset and youre ready to go.
usually Umik-1 needs an offset of about -19 / -20 dB to provide real dBA measurements.

• Page:
Moderators: devteam