Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Here is the place to share your questions/comments about your setup of the UMIK-1 USB measurement microphone

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Connection cable 1 year 3 months ago #50123

• srkamath
  • srkamath's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi

While I am very satisfied with the minDSP SHD and the benefits it offers, the weak point as far as my system - just below a year old is the USB Cable.

While taking measurements to after some changes in the layout, I noted that the mike was not being recognized by the macmini. The cable connection at the Mike end is weak and apparently giving the issue. The mike works only of the cable is hard pressed into the connection - there is no way this can be done and measure at the same time.
Is this the cable problem or mike problem and are replacement cables available? I tried using an alternate MiniUSB cable but it does not just seem to work. Only with the original supplied pressed hard in does the blue lED light up
Are there any solutions short of replacing the Mike?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: devteam