Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Here is the place to share your questions/comments about your setup of the UMIK-1 USB measurement microphone

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

UMIK-1 Signed Driver Failure Win 10 home (19.09) 1 year 8 months ago #45709

• RogerS
  • RogerS's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
After around 2 years I needed to re-run a DIRAC Calibration again using my Lenovo Ideapad 710S running now running windows 10 Home version 19.09 build 18363.535

Unfortunately the system indicates a signed driver failure for UMIK-1 driver and a newer driver version is not available. Also there is no seperate download file available.
The problem is that I can't use the UMIK-1 microphone...

I found a temporary workaround by disabling signed driver enforcement using this TRICK
Then the MIC works but of course after a restart the same problem appears again.

How to solve this permanently???

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

UMIK-1 Signed Driver Failure Win 10 home (19.09) 1 year 8 months ago #45842

• devteam
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1290
@RogerS

There isn't any need for a driver for the UMIK-1 since it's a UAC1 audio device. Maybe that limitation is more of a safety setting?
Or try to righ click and "UNINSTALL" the umik-1.

Make sure that you permit the app access to the UMIK-1 microphone in the Windows 10 Security settings. Go to Settings > Privacy > Microphone, and flip the toggle under "Allow apps to access your microphone" to On. Dirac Live must be selected as an application with access to the microphone.

devteam
miniDSP, building a DSP community one board at a time.

UMIK-1 Signed Driver Failure Win 10 home (19.09) 1 year 8 months ago #45886

• RogerS
  • RogerS's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Thank you for your answer.

today I tested it again (plugged in the MIC again). And now there was no driver failure message anymore.... :blink:
The mic now works.
What a wounderful world is Windows.....

Last edit: by RogerS.
  • Page:
Moderators: devteam