Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Here is the place to share your questions/comments about your setup of the UMIK-1 USB measurement microphone

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Sensitivity Way Off 1 year 9 months ago #45251

• mpolite40
  • mpolite40's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
I adjusted my sensitivity of my microphone to be able to take measurements at high levels. Now that I want to switch it back to 18db and I cannot seem to get the Cal File and sensitivity back to a normal level. Even when I move the dip switches to the correct settings I am still not getting enough volume into the microphone. Ive been searching and cannot find what the cal file should be for 18db. I looked on other threads and pasted in their settings and it is still measuring the same. I am so lost right now with my Microphone. HELP!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Sensitivity Way Off 1 year 8 months ago #45672

• DanDan
  • Thank you received: 0
Been down at least a parallel path. My UMIK is old, the DIP switch instructions are for 3 poles, while the actual witch has 4.
By trial and error I got it to 18dB. Watch out for level changing drivers in the OS. I am Mac only, so AudioMidi setup, Master Stream 0.3 of Unity, 0dB, I think. You could get gain there if you wish, but I suspect you will find your original switch combination and won't need to stray from 0dB
As far as I know Cal File relates to the way the Microphone was shipped. So if REW sees UMIK 18dB your original Cal File should work fine too.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by DanDan.
  • Page:
Moderators: devteam