Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Here is the place to share your questions/comments about your setup of the UMIK-1 USB measurement microphone

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Need a stand with a longer boom arm 1 year 10 months ago #44602

• richard12511
  • richard12511's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
The boom mic arm that came with the stand is not long enough to perform the measurements required by dirac live. When sitting behind my couch and extended as far as it can extend, it still only reaches to "almost" the middle of the couch. The Dirac live software wants me to take measurements at the back, middle, and front of the couch.

Is there another mic stand compatible with this mic that has a longer boom arm. I think I would only need another 6 inches or so.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Need a stand with a longer boom arm 1 year 10 months ago #44814

• devteam
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1290
@richard12511

Note that you can also "move" the microphone stand around? :-) No need to extend per say..
Really any microphone boom mic will do with the UMIK-1 clamp. You can easily source one from Amazon/Sweetwater(US)/Thomann(EU)

DevTeam
miniDSP, building a DSP community one board at a time.

Need a stand with a longer boom arm 1 year 8 months ago #45667

• DanDan
  • Thank you received: 0
My UMIK came with a tripod desktop stand. Handy for my vintage looking talkback mic, thanks. But useless for measuring with the UMIK.
No body or larger surface should be near any measurement mic. If I might recommend that Minidsp lose the tripod and supply a 5 Metre USB cable instead.
DD

Last edit: by DanDan.
  • Page:
Moderators: devteam