Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Here is the place to share your questions/comments about your setup of the UMIK-1 USB measurement microphone

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

UMIK under WEC7 1 year 11 months ago #44484

• Pompeiani
  • Pompeiani's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi,
We acquired a UMIK-1 to test it under Windows Compact Embedded 7 environment and to see whether it could be used for the ambient noise detection app we are developing, that is deployed on a Toradex T20 SoM.

We can't get it recognized properly at runtime as a waveform input audio device using the waveform audio microsoft APIs ( docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versio.../ms940101(v=msdn.10) ), despite the system not asking for driver installation.
Any suggestion? Could it be that some driver other than the waveform ones has been called?
Meantime I contacted the SoM manifacturers and I will report back to you any update.

The UMIK works perfectly tested on 2 different windows 10 laptops.
But, please, don't: yes, the usb jack is plugged deeply (we could achieve it only with an usb hub).

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

UMIK under WEC7 1 year 10 months ago #44640

• devteam
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1290
@Pompeiani

Most likely something related to your OS not having the basic USB audio driver. We're not sure what is that OS so best that you talk to Windows/PLatform dev to get support for this. You simply need to get the standard UAC1 audio driver (compliant) and you'll be all set.

On embedded OS, you might have to manually install it. Toradex should know how to help I think.

DevTeam
miniDSP, building a DSP community one board at a time.

UMIK under WEC7 1 year 10 months ago #44649

• Pompeiani
  • Pompeiani's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
@devteam

After some navigation in the forum We noticed that most of the questions related to non-detected UMIK often involves not being able to change the sample rate, fixed to 48kHz.

Please note that We are working under Windows CE (7), a dimension where all you know is both true and fake, and most of the usual API only a subset is available.
Infact, the OS does indeed support UAC1 natively, as stated by the SoM manifacturer (Toradex).
We can use the windows WaveForm Audio API too, BUT the only sample rates supported are 44100, 22050 and 11025, NOT the 48000!
Also, only mono/stereo and 8-bit/16-bit, NOT the 24-bit.
It could perfectly be the root cause.

I hope there is, even the slightest chance, to have a custom version that use 44.1kHz 16-bit stereo, just for a test.

• Page:
Moderators: devteam