Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Here is the place to share your questions/comments about your setup of the UMIK-1 USB measurement microphone

NOTE: This forum is community powered. Please be mindful that long time community members are here to help as part of a community effort. If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure), please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us). Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community. :-)

TOPIC: 2 UMIKs that are reading 1db difference

2 UMIKs that are reading 1db difference 7 months 2 weeks ago #40344

• tinman143
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,

Complete newbie here so pardon my lack of searching to see if this topic was covered already. Sorry in advance. So I have 2 UMIKs with 2 different cal files. I'm just learning how to take a measurement of my speakers/room from REW. Why is 1 mic reading the same volume adjustment @75 while the other is @76? Which one is the accurate one I should keep? I don't have another mic or SPL reader unfortunately.

The steps I take are: open REW and plug in mic1 and load cal file for specific mic. Then generate pink noise (from Generator) and go to SPL Reader and raise volume from the receiver till it hits ~75. Then close everything down.

Next I unplug the mic usb from the computer and swap mic2 in and go back and reopen REW. Plug the usb back in and wait to load cal file for mic2 (of course I double triple check to make sure I'm loading the correct file). Then start generator then spl reader and the results are ALWAYS 1 db higher @ 76.

Any thoughts here? Did I miss something? Thanks!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: devteam