Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Here is the place to share your questions/comments about your setup of the UMIK-1 USB measurement microphone

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.

TOPIC: Help with setting levels for speaker measurements

Help with setting levels for speaker measurements 10 months 3 weeks ago #39302

• pauldeg
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,
There's a nice tutorial on how to measure speakers SPL on minidsp.com. However it does not mention much about various levels setup to get accurate measurement.
I currently set 2.83 Vrms at my speaker input, and out my UMIK at 1m from the speaker. I play a measurement sine using WAV file generated by REW from a PC connected to my amp via SPDIF, however I get clipping warning from REW, unless I turn down input gain on my mac. In this case it seems I don't get accurate measurements from REW, because it shows over 95 Db sensitivity, which seems wrong.

Can anyone help understand which exact MIC input gain I need to set to?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Help with setting levels for speaker measurements 10 months 3 weeks ago #39330

• john.reekie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1499
REW should set the input gain automatically I believe. What does your speaker measurement look like if you lower the drive signal by 10 dB?
I am not miniDSP support.

"You must ask the right questions." - Dr. Alfred Lanning's hologram.
-> Have you read the User Manual??
-> Have you drawn and posted a diagram?
-> Have you posted a screenshot?
-> Have you posted your config file?
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: devteam
Moderators: devteam