Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Here is the place to share your questions/comments about your setup of the UMIK-1 USB measurement microphone

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.

TOPIC: Umik maranantz klipsch

Umik maranantz klipsch 1 year 1 month ago #38054

• Kokkalis
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi and sorry for my english

I just bought a umik-1 with gain 18

I bought it because i want to check the results from audyssey app when i make changes to the graphs.

But the problem is with the spl meter (rew). When i measure the room with audyssey it sets the speakers to 75db pink noise at 0db master volume (reference).

the gain in umik is so much that even when i put the gain of each speaker to -12db to marantz sr7012 which is the minimum value i can not measure 75db at reference volume at the listening position even if i put -30dbfs to the sound generator. (speakers klipsch rp280)

if i change tha gain of the microphone i must also change something to the calibration file?

Thank you
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Umik maranantz klipsch 1 year 1 month ago #38069

• devteam
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1052
@Kokkalis

Let's see how we can help as unfortunately we're not sure to understand what is the issue here.. :-(
STEP#1: Can you please double confirm that you're using these steps to make your measurements?
www.minidsp.com/applications/acoustic-me...mik-1-setup-with-rew

You won't have any issue whatsover to make these measurements. We're just using 75dB as an example here as it's about right level for making a measurement in terms of loudness in a room. But you can use any level.. :-)

Devteam
MiniDSP, building a DIY DSP community one board at a time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kokkalis

Umik maranantz klipsch 1 year 1 month ago #38100

• Kokkalis
  • Fresh Boarder
let me tell you what i want to do

Movies are mixed in rooms calibrated for film reference. To achieve the same reference level in a home theater system each speaker level must be adjusted so that –30 dBFS band-limited (500 Hz – 2000 Hz) pink noise produces 75 dB sound pressure level at the listening position.

when the master volume is on 0 it must be at referrence level

but even if i put to the spl rew -30dbfs and the trim of each speaker at -12db to the av which is the lowest it can, when i turn the master volume to 0db the spl shows 78-79db
Moderators: devteam