Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Here is the place to share your questions/comments about your setup of the UMIK-1 USB measurement microphone

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Two 0 deg. calibration files for 1 UM IK 4 years 9 months ago #35500

• ermesy
  • ermesy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi - I bought my UMIK-1 serial no. 7003682 back in Jan 2014 and downloaded the required calibration file. Today I've just started reading a "Getting Started With REW" pdf downloaded from AVNIRVANA. In that PDF is a link to your website to download calibration files for UMIK-1s. I downloaded the cal. file for my UMIK and was surprised to see the latest file has different values to the one I downloaded in 2014 e.g the new file has "Sens factor = -5.538db" whereas the old file has "Sens Factor = -21.2db"! Also, all the values for the frequencies are different.
Which file should I use and why are they different?

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Two 0 deg. calibration files for 1 UM IK 4 years 9 months ago #35522

• devteam
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1426
@ ermesy

Based on your record of purchase, that UMIK-1 was purchased very early on, i.e. when REW calibration wasn't yet standardized.
Once we worked with John to calibrate REW + UMIK-1 over all OS revs, then we updated all sens factor in that first batch.
Bottom line, use the latest version from our website. That's the correct cal file. :-)

DevTeam
miniDSP, building a DSP community one board at a time.

Two 0 deg. calibration files for 1 UM IK 4 years 9 months ago #35524

• ermesy
  • ermesy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks - I've used it and was able to confirm with an SPL meter that it was measuring accurately.

• Page:
Moderators: devteam