Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Here is the place to share your questions/comments about your setup of the UMIK-1 USB measurement microphone

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.

TOPIC: Increase Sensitivity of UMIK-1

Increase Sensitivity of UMIK-1 2 years 2 months ago #32751

• DavT
  • Fresh Boarder
I'm trying to use the UMIK-1 mic to calibrate my speakers using the Sonarworks 3, but even with my speaker volumes turned up to the max, the mic level still isn't high enough to get a proper reading. Is there anyway in which i can increase the sensitivity or gain of this mic?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Increase Sensitivity of UMIK-1 1 year 11 months ago #33819

• MarcM
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Same issue here - volume is at 100 % burning my ears and SPL is barely registering

Increase Sensitivity of UMIK-1 1 year 11 months ago #34028

• devteam
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1050
Dear Both

Something isn't right here.. Best that you start a tech support ticket with our team to show us the exact steps and screenshot of your REW configuration. Most likely something in the setup. WE're assuming that you're using this app note to setup REW + UMIK-1?
www.minidsp.com/applications/acoustic-me...mik-1-setup-with-rew

DEvTeam
MiniDSP, building a DIY DSP community one board at a time.

Increase Sensitivity of UMIK-1 1 year 10 months ago #34428

• DavT
  • Fresh Boarder
There's no problem setting it up with REW. On another audio calibration software, the microphone signal level doesn't go high enough than is required. Is there any way to increase the signal level of the microphone at all?

Increase Sensitivity of UMIK-1 1 year 10 months ago #34480

• devteam
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1050
@DavT

You obviously have a different issue from MarcM here.
Did you make sure that Win/Mac setting has the digital gain level all the way to 24dB? (max)
There is a way to open the internal mic and change the internal analog gain.(need to open the ring at the back, change the DIP switch to higher gain)

It's very odd that other customers of Sonarworks never had to do that before... :-(
That's why we were curious if it's a simple misconfiguration of the digital gain inside Win/Mac of the UMIK-1..
Keep us updated.

@ MarcM,
Did you start a tech support ticket with our team already (support.minidsp.com). we'd be happy to see some screenshots of REW of what you're seeing here. Something doesn't sound right somehow that your Volume would be 100% and UMIK-1 isn't registering any signal.

DevTeam
MiniDSP, building a DIY DSP community one board at a time.
Moderators: devteam