Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Here is the place to share your questions/comments about your setup of the UMIK-1 USB measurement microphone

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.

TOPIC: SPL for Loud Equipment

SPL for Loud Equipment 2 years 6 months ago #31380

• SMorin
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,

I bought a UMIK-1 to do some SPL and spectrum measurements on a piece of equipment I am designing, with the goal of finding ways to make it quieter. The equipment produces between 95 and 105 dBA.

For this SPL , will I need to open up the mic and adjust the gain?

If so, what gain value would you suggest?

Finally, I remember reading in the forum that I would need to adjust the calibration file if I adjust the gain, but I am having trouble finding that post again. Would you please remind me what I would need to change, and by how much?

Thanks in advance!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

SPL for Loud Equipment 2 years 6 months ago #31411

• devteam
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1052
Hello

That's indeed correct that you'll need to open the microphone to enable the lower analog mic gain. You'll also need to edit the calibration file to account for that change.
Please send us a tech support ticket (support.minidsp.com). We can take it from there.

Sounds good?

DevTeam
MiniDSP, building a DIY DSP community one board at a time.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: devteam