Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Here is the place to share your questions/comments about your setup of the UMIK-1 USB measurement microphone

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.

TOPIC: UMIK-1 setup with ARTA

UMIK-1 setup with ARTA 2 years 9 months ago #29666

I recently got a UMIK-1 and it works well with REW,...the SPL meter appears to be accurate (35dBA in my quiet room). In ARTA the microphone functions and I managed to load the calibration file into the FR compensation by changing the file extension to .mic, but the SPL tool reads at about 50 for the same noise level. I notice in REW there's an option to let the software control the input mixer volume, but I couldn't find a similar setting for ARTA. How do I set up the UMIK 1 so that it works correctly in ARTA?

Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

UMIK-1 setup with ARTA 2 years 9 months ago #29703

• devteam
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1052
@ invalidbuffalo

For Arta to "know" the level, you'll need to calibrate the microphone. You'd need an external calibrator basically.
Ask Arta for how to calibrate their SPL input.

DevTeam
MiniDSP, building a DIY DSP community one board at a time.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: devteam