Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Here is the place to share your questions/comments about your setup of the UMIK-1 USB measurement microphone

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.

TOPIC: No mesurement above 5khz

No mesurement above 5khz 2 years 11 months ago #28509

• magig160
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi all,

First , I would like to say that I love what you do guys and I only have good words for this community that you create.

I have some problem with my measurements above 5khz , my frequency response drop like 60db at 5khz, even if during the test I heard frequency above 5khz.

Sometime this problem disappear for a couple of measurement and after it came back.

I use mini dsp hp, pwr-125wd, satori mid and tweeter from sb acoustic and the umik, (everything is new)

I insert the calibration in rew and holm and the result are the same.

I reset all the configuration in the mini dsp and I have the same result.
I adjust all the wires in the set up and I swap them and the result is the same
I play 10khz to 20khz you tube test and I can hear those frequencies very well so I don't think the problem is in the cable, the amps or the mini-dsp

I have an acer laptop with windows 10. I also swap the usp port for the mini dsp and the mic.

Can someone help me with that ?

Thanks,
The administrator has disabled public write access.

No mesurement above 5khz 2 years 11 months ago #28542

• devteam
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1050
@magig160

Something isn't right indeed.. :-)
- Did you make sure that your miniDSP isn't configured with a LPF? It sounds like the default crossover is enabled now.
- Screenshots of your DSP config would help I think.. Send us more info and we can take it from there.

DevTeam
MiniDSP, building a DIY DSP community one board at a time.

No mesurement above 5khz 2 years 10 months ago #29386

• skypickle
  • Fresh Boarder
I had a similar problem and solved it. Use the 1M sample and turn on 'use acoustic timing reference'

No mesurement above 5khz 2 years 10 months ago #29400

• magig160
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Thanks to taking the time to reply to my issue, I'll try this. I did other mesurement after posting this and for me the problem was solved by itself after couple of reboot and open close rew .
Moderators: devteam