Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Here is the place to share your questions/comments about your setup of the UMIK-1 USB measurement microphone

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.

TOPIC: UMIK-1 Drops out

UMIK-1 Drops out 3 years 1 month ago #27683

• krisg
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi everyone

My newly acquired UMIK-1 mic is recognised by the system and the calibration software but tends to drop out. I am suspecting the USB cable/connection. I have not yet managed to do a full calibration cycle because of that.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

UMIK-1 Drops out 3 years 1 month ago #27690

• devteam
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1050
@ Krisg

brand new UMIK-1? Our guess is that the USB cable isn't pushed all the way. The connector is purposefully very tight (to prevent it from falling while moving). Just try to see if you can push it until you hear a click. It's hard on a first time use.

DevTeam
MiniDSP, building a DIY DSP community one board at a time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krisg

UMIK-1 Drops out 3 years 4 weeks ago #27721

• krisg
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
that was it exactly! I might add that I was also getting Playback errors during the measurements phase until I swapped the original cable for one of my own. Just an ordinary USB cable. It worked like a charm!! Go figure :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: devteam
Moderators: devteam