Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Here is the place to share your questions/comments about your setup of the UMIK-1 USB measurement microphone

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Umik 1 will show up but will not measure in REW 6 years 4 months ago #25294

• agent8
  • agent8's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
I just bought a Umik 1 and in running REW, I set the input in ASIO to USB 1 and the output to 4 (using hdmi to a receiver for subwoofer measuring) On the "levels" tab in REW, the Umik 1 shows up and the levels move as I talk or make noise to the mic so it is not an issue of the plug being secure or anything. The ONLY way I have been able to get a measurement is if I open the levels tab and leave that window up, then I have to check levels, and then I can measure. Most of the time the subwoofer makes a very quick noise and I get a generic straight reading that is junk. I am using the ASIO 4 all and at 48 kHz and "USB audio device 1" I know the settings in REW should be fine because I was using the same parameters when I used another mic. I have tried all 3 available usb ports and it is set to default in device manager. I notice that the levels tab has the Java icon on it and it picks up fine so I am thinking the problem has something to do with the ASIO driver or settings. The ASIO control panel show the mic as active as well. I followed these directions www.minidsp.com/applications/acoustic-me...ndows#room-eq-wizard but had slightly different things happen such as no calibration question was asked after the restart of REW but it looks like it is still using the cal file. Any idea what's going on?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Umik 1 will show up but will not measure in REW 6 years 4 months ago #25307

• john.reekie
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1592
Perhaps try turning off the sub's lowpass filter and/or increasing the sweep length, see if that helps you make progress?

Umik 1 will show up but will not measure in REW 6 years 4 months ago #25409

• devteam
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1417
@ Agent8

Odd indeed. Wondering if the issue is down to ASIO or it's down to REW setup or down to UMIK-.1
Let's try to remove some variables here.
- e.g. try to measure the system with USB and simple audio cable to your AVR. i.e. bypassing the ASIO bit
- e.g. try to make sure that it's indeed sweeping the correct channel. Maybe it's going for the bass management via HDMI so that's why you're only getting the beginning of the sweep?

Trying to think what else here could be the issue... :-( Send us more info on the above, I'm sure it will help us.
miniDSP, building a DSP community one board at a time.

• Page:
Moderators: devteam