Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Here is the place to share your questions/comments about your setup of the UMIK-1 USB measurement microphone

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Umik and fuzzmeasure pro 6 years 5 months ago #25110

• ggciao
  • ggciao's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi,

I'm new to acoustic measurement and had a go with REW, sound flower and umik on a Mac. Sad to say it defeated me. So I wanted to realise my investment in the umik and bought fuzzmeasure. Glad to say I got fuzzmeasure working quite quickly (had some fun with HDMI). But on a quick trawl on the web there isn't a lot out there on what to do with the fuzzmeasure measurements. So if anyone is using umik and fuzzmeasure I would be grateful if someone could point me In a good direction for interpreting fuzzmeasure graphs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Umik and fuzzmeasure pro 6 years 5 months ago #25116

• john.reekie
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1592
The graph you would use most of the time is just the amplitude response. I assume you are using version 4? Open it in "Classic" view (I think it's called) which will IIRC give you the frequency (amplitude) response and the impulse response.

There's nothing really special about the graphs (meaning they are the same data you would obtain with any other program). Perhaps you could post a screenshot and say what difficulty you are having?
The following user(s) said Thank You: devteam, ggciao

Umik and fuzzmeasure pro 6 years 5 months ago #25123

• ggciao
  • ggciao's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
John,

Thanks. Yes I'm using version 4 and now had a good few hours using it. Seems to make more sense now then when I had originally posted when I had only been using for a short while.

I've produced some frequency graphs and some waterfall charts. Not really too sure what to do with the other charts that Fuzzmeasure can produce.

I was trying to find out whether I need to put some bass traps up. I'm based in the UK and will post some diagrams on a forum there. But happy to post some diagrams here as well.

Here is a post of my subwoofer frequency and waterfall chart. No really difficulty at present just getting to grips what Fuzzmeasure is telling me and any advice on these charts will be gratefully received.

George

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

Attachments:

• Page:
Moderators: devteam