Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Here is the place to share your questions/comments about your setup of the UMIK-1 USB measurement microphone

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Microphone Placement 6 years 7 months ago #22930

• AndrewUK1990
  • AndrewUK1990's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi guys, quick question which I haven't been able to find a definite answer to.

I am building a pair of floorstanding 3 way speakers using the DRC - DA8 as the crossover. When measuring the response of each driver on baffle individually, should I leave the mic positioned 1m away at tweeter level or should I move it to the level of each driver for each associated measurement? If so, my woofer channel is a pair of 6in drivers so would I have to position the mic between these at 1m instead for this measurement?

Hope that's clear, thanks! :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Microphone Placement 6 years 7 months ago #22950

• john.reekie
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1592
For driver correction, I would move the mic on axis of each driver. It's a good idea to do some off-axis measurements too. It shouldn't make much difference for the two woofers exactly where. When you are implementing the crossover, I'd put the mic between the drivers if they are not close together.
The following user(s) said Thank You: devteam

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: devteam