Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Here is the place to share your questions/comments about your setup of the UMIK-1 USB measurement microphone

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Oh Dear! Have I worn out my UMIK-1? 7 years 1 month ago #20310

• AustinJerry
  • AustinJerry's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 55
Lately, with increasing regularity, my software is losing the connection with the UMIK-1. For example, while running a Dirac Live calibration today on the 88A, one of the measurement sweeps displayed as follows:

dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/78476446/AVS...rror%20in%20DLCT.JPG

At the end of the set of sweeps, DLCT disabled the mic, and returned an error that the measurement was invalid because of noise. I had to save the project, exit, and re-start DLCT, and re-load the project before the mic was recognized again.

And when using REW, occasionally the program loses contact with the mic, forcing me to exit and re-start in order to get the mic working again.

My theory is that the USB connection at the base of the mic has deteriorated so that if the cable is moved, the stress on the USB connector is causing a temporary loss of signal, or a static burst, which causes the software to stop recognizing the mic. I have examined the connection, and swapped USB cables, but the problem persists.

Are there known issues with the mic's USB connection, especially when the mic is used frequently? Any guidance regarding trouble-shooting?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by AustinJerry.

Oh Dear! Have I worn out my UMIK-1? 7 years 1 month ago #20322

• devteam
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1384
Hi Jerry,

Mmmmh, sorry to hear of this...:-( Could be the USB connector on the input board indeed as it sounds like you've already ruled out the cable connection?
We'd be happy to help you take it from there. Please start a tech support ticket with our team if you already have done so (minidsp.desk.com)

DevTeam
miniDSP, building a DSP community one board at a time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: devteam