Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Here is the place to share your questions/comments about your setup of the UMIK-1 USB measurement microphone

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

UMIK calibration Q 7 years 1 month ago #20035

• Sun
  • Sun's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi, Im a student studying sound eng. Ive just got the UMIK-1 Microphone and tried to calibrate it with Sound Calibrator SC-942.

I have two questions for you guys who have lots of knowledge about sound than me.

(I'm using MAC and signal scope pro application from Faber acoustical.)

1. I tried calibration with each SPL 94dB and 114dB. But the UMIK-1 has 6dB difference.

ex) After 94dB calibration, I generated 114dB sound by the calibrator and measured it. It was presenting 108~110dB.

So, I tried to use the calibration file with serial No. It has +3dB, -3dB differences. I mean when I measured 94dB, it was 97dB and 114dB was 111dB.

Do you have any suggestion for precise calibration?

( I used other microphones for comparing. There was no difference between two measurement.)

2. Basically, calibration with reference sound 94dB, 114dB or both of them, which ways have to be conducted for calibration?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Sun.
  • Page:
Moderators: devteam