Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Here is the place to share your questions/comments about your setup of the UMIK-1 USB measurement microphone

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

windows does not recognize my umik-1 7 years 7 months ago #17099

• hykhleif
  • hykhleif's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
suddenly out of the blue my umik-1 does not get recognized by windows 7 , 8 or even xp

it was working good few days ago now I get that USB device not recognized message, I tried what people suggested here to make that the usb end is pushed to the mic correctly so its not lose, but still it does not get recognized at all

what did happen to it, it was just fine, I also tried it on many on many different laptops without a solution

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

windows does not recognize my umik-1 7 years 7 months ago #17107

• devteam
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1384
Hello,

You already created a tech support ticket for this thread so best to please use "one" path of communication with us.. :-)
Thanks for your understanding.

DevTeam
miniDSP, building a DSP community one board at a time.

windows does not recognize my umik-1 6 years 9 months ago #22051

• rts100x5
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 38

suddenly out of the blue my umik-1 does not get recognized by windows 7 , 8 or even xp

it was working good few days ago now I get that USB device not recognized message, I tried what people suggested here to make that the usb end is pushed to the mic correctly so its not lose, but still it does not get recognized at all

what did happen to it, it was just fine, I also tried it on many on many different laptops without a solution

Open Sound properties under Control Panel > go to Recording tab > highlight and delete all devices there > restart windows with your UMIK1 unplugged > once windows is up and running plug in your UMIK1 ( only use USB 2.0 ports) ( mic / usb cable cannot be more than 5 ft in length)
The following user(s) said Thank You: devteam, mkane

windows does not recognize my umik-1 6 years 8 months ago #22621

• Juhazi
  • Thank you received: 9
I was just trying to connect umik to a new laptop - a struggle. Until I chanced the connection cord! It was obviously just a charging lead for some simple device, with some leads not connected, or just a false cable. Mic led was lit but no usb device connected/launched.

• Page:
Moderators: devteam