Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Here is the place to share your questions/comments about your setup of the UMIK-1 USB measurement microphone

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Anyone know why my RT60 times look this way?? 8 years 1 month ago #16831

• truwarrior22
  • truwarrior22's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Using a UMIK-1, laptop is a Lenovo X1. I imported the cal file for the mic. Speakers are Def Tech BP7000SC. Thanks!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Anyone know why my RT60 times look this way?? 7 years 11 months ago #17746

• F6HQZ
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi,

UMIK-1 is an excellent mike for measurements, but at prety high SPL levels, not for noises threshold detection, as all the Electret with internal amplifier, due to the noise generated by this amplifier.

For low level as noises mesurements needs, you must use a condenser microphone and a good USB preamplifier for home studio.

I use UMIK-1 and a C-2 Condenser mikes for my own acoustic tests behind Arta, REW, SpectrumLab and others audio softwares.
The main used mike is the UMIK-1, perfectly correct and provided with 2 bandwith files to load into the mesurements softwares.
I use the C-2 only for noise threshold level tests.

My two cents

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: devteam