Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Here is the place to share your questions/comments about your setup of the UMIK-1 USB measurement microphone

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

UMIK-1 stopped working 7 years 8 months ago #16721

• hayatepilot
  • hayatepilot's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello

Since yesterday is was very pleased with the UMIK-1, everything worked perfectly.
But then I wanted to do a measurement and the mic was not recognized by the computer correctly. It shows up as "Unknown Device" and the device manager gives a error (code 43). :(
I have tried everything: restarting, different USB port and cable, uninstalling the device, Windows System Restore to a point where the mic worked still worked.
The problem is the same on another PC (both Windows 7).

Does anyone know how to solve this problem?
Is this a case for warranty?

Thank you very much.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

UMIK-1 stopped working 7 years 8 months ago #16725

• devteam
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1384
Hello,

A quick check before starting a tech support ticket with us (minidsp.desk.com) would be to double confirm that the USB cable is plugged all the way in. It's a very common case that the USB cable (UMIK-1 side) would loose connectivity if it's not doing a "click". You do have to push a bit to get that click. On first few time of use, it may work not pushed all the way, but basically the miniUSB connector has an intentional tight fit (to prevent from coming out). Please have a look at it and get in touch with us if any question.

DevTeam
miniDSP, building a DSP community one board at a time.

UMIK-1 stopped working 7 years 8 months ago #16731

• hayatepilot
  • hayatepilot's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello devteam

I'm absolutely shure that it has nothing to do with the cable. I've tried it multiple times and it "clicked" every time. I've also tried different USB cables.
Still the same problem. :(

Is there a way that I can check if the board has failed?
In a warranty case, would I have to send you the defect complete UMIK or would just the defective board be sufficient?

Best regards

UMIK-1 stopped working 7 years 8 months ago #16750

• devteam
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1384
Hello,

If that's the case, sorry to hear that. :-( Best to start a tech support ticket here so we can discuss the options. This forum is only for general queries.
Please start a tech support ticket here: minidsp.desk.com. We can certainly organize a new board.

Thanks

DevTeam
miniDSP, building a DSP community one board at a time.

UMIK-1 stopped working 6 years 9 months ago #22053

• rts100x5
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 38
Go to RECORD tab in sound properties and delete all entries there > restart with UMIK1 unplugged > plug in 2.0 port once windows is up and running. will not work with usb 3.0 port

• Page:
Moderators: devteam