Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
NOTE: This forum is community powered. Please be mindful that long time community members are here to help as part of a community effort. If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure), please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us). Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community. :-)

TOPIC: U-DIO8 ASRC

U-DIO8 ASRC 3 weeks 1 day ago #34345

• pos
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 158
As the U-DIO8 does not have its dedicated section yet, I think it is ok to post my questions here as the two devices share quite a lot.

First question, why is there a 5V external supply? Could not the USB port provide the power?
This was already the case on the U-DAC8, but isolating DAC supply from USB supply could be a good thing, whereas here the U-DIO8 stays digital all the way.

Second question, is there (or will there be) a way to disable ASRCs on inputs?

Thank you, and kudos for this neat little device!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

U-DIO8 ASRC 2 weeks 6 days ago #34388

• devteam
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 734
@ Pos

Great idea... :-) We'll rename that section to make sure we cover the new UDIO8.
- Why 5V, good question. Because unfortunately that's too much current (AES-EBU is quite demanding x 4). Also, a separate clean supply is indeed easier as you just suggested for isolation.
- Unfortunately no way now to disable the ASRC on the inputs but we can see in the future how we could add this as a feature maybe?

DevTeam
MiniDSP, building a DIY DSP community one board at a time.

U-DIO8 ASRC 1 week 3 days ago #34517

• pos
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 158
Hello DevTeam

Is this unit basically an USBStreamer together with the same output card as the one used in the DDRC-88D?

Any chance you could add this output card to the online shop, with openDRC rear panel and DB25 snake cable as options?
That would be a logical addon to the existing openDRC output card, and would also be an interesting extension for the USBStreamer.

U-DIO8 ASRC 5 days 20 hours ago #34581

• devteam
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 734
@ Pos

It very much is a USBSTreamer + custom AES-EBU card. That's a good idea to do an openDRC as such. We'd need a plugin for this though (i.e. 8xch in/out). Worth thinking for the future. Thanks for the feedback!

Devteam
MiniDSP, building a DIY DSP community one board at a time.
Time to create page: 0.119 seconds