Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
A happy place for random thoughts unrelated to a specific tech sections.

TOPIC: DDRC-88A "My first ever Dirac live filter"

DDRC-88A "My first ever Dirac live filter" 4 months 3 weeks ago #26530

Just bought the DDRC-88A with the DDRC-BM plugin.

After some solved (one still open) start up problems I got the first Dirac filter loaded, measurements were the sofa way.

I like the results very very much!! bud i am always open for improvements and suggestions ;)

Magnepan .7

Diy Dayton 15" closed sub

Measurements from the results with REW, Magnepan HP 80Hz / Sub LP 80Hz

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

The administrator has disabled public write access.

DDRC-88A "My first ever Dirac live filter" 4 months 3 weeks ago #26560

• devteam
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 632
GLad to hear that you're having fun with your unit.
- Both measurements/target look clean to us. Good job on keeping the target curve "BELOW" the measurement. It insures you're not overdriving the loudspeaker.
- What's going on with the sub target? Why that huge drop on the sub @ 15Hz?? Are you trying to create a HPF? Aren't you with the BM? If so, you shouldn't need to use this at all. I'd strongly recommend that you remove it..

DevTeam
MiniDSP, building a DIY DSP community one board at a time.

DDRC-88A "My first ever Dirac live filter" 4 months 3 weeks ago #26567

Thanks for the input :)

Will remove the HP on the Dirac filter and make one with the BM, Although I don't see the difference.
devteam wrote:
GLad to hear that you're having fun with your unit.
- Both measurements/target look clean to us. Good job on keeping the target curve "BELOW" the measurement. It insures you're not overdriving the loudspeaker.
- What's going on with the sub target? Why that huge drop on the sub @ 15Hz?? Are you trying to create a HPF? Aren't you with the BM? If so, you shouldn't need to use this at all. I'd strongly recommend that you remove it..

DevTeam

DDRC-88A "My first ever Dirac live filter" 4 months 2 weeks ago #26609

• devteam
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 632
Well, there is indeed a difference as you maybe can't see it but there is still very much a target to the "LEFT" of that huge dip you created. It's all the way at the top and therefore you didn't really build a HPF by dragging the point all the way down. You just created a "DIP" at14Hz or whatever that handle for the target curve is at.. At 12Hz (value to the left), the orange line goes back all the way to the top.. . Does that make sense?

DevTeam
MiniDSP, building a DIY DSP community one board at a time.

DDRC-88A "My first ever Dirac live filter" 4 months 2 weeks ago #26619

Yes it does.
devteam wrote:
Well, there is indeed a difference as you maybe can't see it but there is still very much a target to the "LEFT" of that huge dip you created. It's all the way at the top and therefore you didn't really build a HPF by dragging the point all the way down. You just created a "DIP" at14Hz or whatever that handle for the target curve is at.. At 12Hz (value to the left), the orange line goes back all the way to the top.. . Does that make sense?

DevTeam
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds