Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is the optional Forum header for the Suggestion Box.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

WISA receiver modules... 2 months 5 days ago #66959

• knucklesplitter
  • knucklesplitter's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
Does MiniDSP plan to offer WISA receiver modules to integrate regular powered speakers/subs and DIY? 

Are there any available on market now?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

WISA receiver modules... 2 weeks 1 hour ago #67677

• spiderbro
  • Thank you received: 0
Offering something like these seems like a no-brainer, but it seems we can't expect to have nice things

WISA receiver modules... 1 week 4 days ago #67720

• devteam
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1515
That's a good idea. Let's first see how WISA goes with existing speakers first? We can always consider in the future to build some receiver module if there is some interest.. Like anything we just need to see first what is the size of that market before we pluck into a lot of engineering resources into it. :-) 

There are some plate amps now but more for OEM side by some suppliers now. 
miniDSP, building a DSP community one board at a time.

For any official support, please contact our technical support team directly @ support.minidsp.com/support/home
The following user(s) said Thank You: spiderbro

WISA receiver modules... 1 week 3 days ago #67743

• Neslo1108
I really hope that you add the receiver module to your plate-amp as an option as there are no WISA amp available for consumers - only OEM.
Of course it would be super if it was a stand-alone receiver modules as they do exist but the WISA organisation keep the cards to themselves and maybe restrict companies to release a receiver module. I have not found any products www.wisatechnologies.com/wisa-e
https://cdn11.bigcommerce.com/s-ruxeh5dd/images/stencil/1280x1280/products/15456/243612/Lithe_Audio_Pro_WISA_Certified_Module_Bolt-On_TIMG__11685.1638841431.png?c=2

WISA receiver modules... 1 week 3 days ago #67744

• spiderbro
FWIW, I think the few reasonable options here are something like these:
  • "Plug and play" type receiver modules with AUX/RCA/optical output similar to Nubert's trX modules in their own ecosystem. Powered by USB-C maybe. Stereo modules might make more sense economically but you're likely to require a fair amount of cabling between the speaker pair, IMO kinda defeating the Marie Kondo vibe of WiSA 
  • The same modules as boards without enclosures for DIY speakers, outputting either I2S or having an internal DSP/XO and analog outputs
  • Complete plate amps similar to what Platin (and MiniDSP to some extent) already offer for OEM. The ones by Platin seem a bit bulky for the niche but I'm sure they're a reasonable compromise 

WISA receiver modules... 1 week 3 days ago #67748

• Neslo1108
The Nubert's trX looks interesting - now they also have Nubert's trXS (now sure of the difference between them). It only has USB and analogue output and not SPDIF (only SPDIF when used as Transmitter).
So is it one Nubert's trX per channel or does it transmit stereo.
I could not find the modules as DIY board - can you share link?
Yes I know Platin Audio offers plate-amp for OEM (used in System Audio Silverback and Buchardt and maybe also Dynaudio Focus) but for consumers it is not available...

WISA receiver modules... 1 week 3 days ago #67749

• spiderbro
I wasn't responding to you, I was talking about what kind of devices I think would make sense for MiniDSP to produce

• Page:
Moderators: devteam