Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is the optional Forum header for the Suggestion Box.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

SHD disable standby mode on mains power 11 months 2 days ago #56947

• f1shb0n3
  • f1shb0n3's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi DevTeam

I would like to have the ability to disable the automatic standby when unit is turned on from the switch on the back or it gets mains power. I would even say it's preferable this to be the default behavior of the unit - you turn in on from the switch on the back and nothing happens until you use the remote (which many people would lose) or hold the volume button.
It's very important for a completely hidden out-of-sight setup of SHD which I have and I'm sure others have too! Using a 12V trigger or remotely controlled power outlet I can turn on every single audio component in my system EXCEPT SHD which won't turn on until you hold its button for a few seconds. This is just wrong, please consider adding an option to turn on automatically or just have it be the default behavior on power on. Anyone can put it in standby if they want, but when you turn it on you want in ON, right?

As I understand this behavior was changed with a recent firmware update so it should be possible to control with software. I would also be happy if you provide an alternative firmware that I can flash that will get me auto turn on by default - a great compromise that would be very easy for you to implement!

Anyone else who has the same need please chime in to add some more weight to this suggestion!
The following user(s) said Thank You: raphaelchang

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

SHD disable standby mode on mains power 10 months 3 weeks ago #57059

• cunim
  • Thank you received: 0
I also want to set and forget the SHD,  I often find it has shut itself off after a period of disuse.  Fortunately, I can see the panel so I notice a lack of bass (the SHD just runs my subs), check the SHD and sure enough, it's dark.  No way I could put this thing in a hidden location.

Because the on/off control is a toggle, I can't just program my remote to issue a turn on command every time I use the system.  On option would be to create discrete codes for on and off but, really, is there any reason for the SHD to stand by?  I would like to have the unit stay on with panel display active until I physically turn off the rear switch.

SHD disable standby mode on mains power 6 months 2 days ago #59159

• eibergdk
+1.

I’d really like to disable standby.

In my setup I use an old DAC for input selection (SHD’s have too few digital inputs!).
This DAC has digital out and a custom trigger implemented. This custom trigger turns on my Gude Power Seqeuncer.

I’d like to have my SHD Studio connected to my power sequencer, and then when main power comes on, the SHD should just be on and not in standby.

SHD disable standby mode on mains power 6 months 2 days ago #59163

• Ultrasonic
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 426

is there any reason for the SHD to stand by?

Yes - to not waste electricity.

I totally understand people who want one installed out of sight to want the standby behaviour to be optional/configurable though.

SHD disable standby mode on mains power 3 months 2 weeks ago #60463

• raphaelchang
+1, I would also really appreciate the ability for the SHD/SHD Studio to turn on immediately when power is applied externally. I am trying to power manage an entire studio with one remote master switch + power sequencer so the ability to turn on the SHD without its own remote or power button is critical to me.

Last edit: by raphaelchang.

SHD disable standby mode on mains power 3 months 2 weeks ago #60484

• raphaelchang
FYI I contacted MiniDSP about this feature and they said it is a hardware limitation of the neo3 revision, so it cannot be implemented in software. Quite disappointing for a studio user like me since all my other studio equipment (i.e. my RME ADI-2 Pro) are able to remember their last power-on state and not need me to manually turn them on every time.

SHD disable standby mode on mains power 3 months 2 weeks ago #60488

• Ultrasonic
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 426
Oops! Wrong thread, sorry.

Last edit: by Ultrasonic.
  • Page:
Moderators: devteam