Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is the optional Forum header for the Suggestion Box.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

SHD disable standby mode on mains power 1 month 6 days ago #56947

• f1shb0n3
  • f1shb0n3's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi DevTeam

I would like to have the ability to disable the automatic standby when unit is turned on from the switch on the back or it gets mains power. I would even say it's preferable this to be the default behavior of the unit - you turn in on from the switch on the back and nothing happens until you use the remote (which many people would lose) or hold the volume button.
It's very important for a completely hidden out-of-sight setup of SHD which I have and I'm sure others have too! Using a 12V trigger or remotely controlled power outlet I can turn on every single audio component in my system EXCEPT SHD which won't turn on until you hold its button for a few seconds. This is just wrong, please consider adding an option to turn on automatically or just have it be the default behavior on power on. Anyone can put it in standby if they want, but when you turn it on you want in ON, right?

As I understand this behavior was changed with a recent firmware update so it should be possible to control with software. I would also be happy if you provide an alternative firmware that I can flash that will get me auto turn on by default - a great compromise that would be very easy for you to implement!

Anyone else who has the same need please chime in to add some more weight to this suggestion!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

SHD disable standby mode on mains power 3 weeks 5 days ago #57059

• cunim
  • Thank you received: 0
I also want to set and forget the SHD,  I often find it has shut itself off after a period of disuse.  Fortunately, I can see the panel so I notice a lack of bass (the SHD just runs my subs), check the SHD and sure enough, it's dark.  No way I could put this thing in a hidden location.

Because the on/off control is a toggle, I can't just program my remote to issue a turn on command every time I use the system.  On option would be to create discrete codes for on and off but, really, is there any reason for the SHD to stand by?  I would like to have the unit stay on with panel display active until I physically turn off the rear switch.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: devteam