Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is the optional Forum header for the Suggestion Box.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

CDSP app for Android (head units) 10 months 1 week ago #56710

• jaistanley
  • jaistanley's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
May I suggest an advanced app for the CDSP that runs on Android?  There is a VAST number of android handset users out there and an ever growing number of Android based head units.

I use the CDSP in my car with a 'cheap' Android unit that gives me lots of features and has SPDIF out to the DSP: thus giving me excellent source quality (lossless files are output at 16/48 - maybe 16/44,1 on android I believe).

On car head units with dsp, you are able to control a multitude of options. PEQ, Time alignment, balance, fader, presets,etc etc.  A native android app for the CDSP series would add this functionality to the head unit in combination with your hardware and I believe tempt a lot of android head unit users to your platform.

It frustrates me that I have what is effectively a full computer/tablet in my dash but cannot make simple tweaks to the parameters in my DSP. I have to connect a windows laptop with a limited battery life, connect to the DSP, run USB wires etc etc. Right next to my CDSP is a USB hub that I have hard wired into the car with a regulated power supply, cable under the carpets all the way to the head unit and it is of no use to me.

Thank you for your time.

Kind regards,

Jai Stanley

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

CDSP app for Android (head units) 10 months 1 week ago #56720

• danthe0
  • Thank you received: 18
You could try these to solve your battery issues. 
www.amazon.com/KFD-Universal-Pavilion-Vi...inkPad/dp/B07TT2F95L
If it hums, just unplug then measure. 
I had the same limited battery life Windows laptop problem too, I had to bring in a mains extender into the car through the front passenger's window to charge the laptop. 
Eventually, I gave up and just bought a new replacement battery, ejected the old one, and slot in the new one. 

re: android app
Idk, it sounds like a bad idea with limited use case.
Android doesn't even run REW or there's no REW-like application that supports UMIK-1. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by danthe0. Reason: reworded
  • Page:
Moderators: devteam