Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is the optional Forum header for the Suggestion Box.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

SHD Subwoofer Integration DIRAC - Multichannel 1 year 3 months ago #54455

• JulianMH
  • JulianMH's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hey there,

I'd like to ask, if it was possible to treat all 4 Channels of the SHD individually with Dirac. Right now it is just possible to pretend that all 4 channels are just a stereo system.
I don't really understand why it is necessary to set crossovers and delays manually, when Dirac could deal with that and optimize this on its own.

In my case I have two subwoofers as well as two main speakers.

As each speaker has it's different influence on the overall impulseresponse, and the positioning might vary a bit I asked myself, why Dirac is treating the four outputs as two, as it would be better for the engine to know what all of the (in my case 4) individual speakers are doing.

Wouldn't this improve the system a lot, if Dirac had the information about all of the individual outputs?

Cheers, Julian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by JulianMH.

SHD Subwoofer Integration DIRAC - Multichannel 1 year 3 months ago #54468

• sebpoterie
  • Thank you received: 3
Hi,

What you want is : live.dirac.com/features/ (I want the same ;-))

sadly, SHD can not do that for now...

Bass Control Upgrades
New revolutionary Bass Control with the help from Machine Learning and AI
Dirac Live Bass Control aggregates measurement and location data from each subwoofer as well as the main speakers to determine how a system’s bass is distributed throughout the room. It then identifies gaps in the sound waves and distributes bass evenly across the room. The feature also corrects the low-frequency sound waves produced by the speaker pair, so the bass produced by each speaker is in sync with the system.
For users with StormAudio, JBL Synthesis and some Audio Control it is included

For Arcam, Audio Control Concert XR-4, Bryston SP4, Focal Astral 16 and Monoprice Monolith HTP-1 you can get it as an add-on.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JulianMH

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: devteam