Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is the optional Forum header for the Suggestion Box.

TOPIC: More attenuation choices in (DDRC-22) Utility Tool

More attenuation choices in (DDRC-22) Utility Tool 6 months 1 week ago #40773

• rhodes54
  • Fresh Boarder
I've been using my DDRC-22D with a -6dB setting for quite some time until I recently played a song that had such a prominent midrange that the DDRC-22D started distorting, forcing me the lower the attention settings further down to -10dB.
As I already running low on gain in my system, it would be great if we have more attenuation choices avaible in the pull down menu so I can find the best match for my system. I think a choice per 1 dB would be the most convenient.

Thanks
Last Edit: 6 months 1 week ago by rhodes54.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

More attenuation choices in (DDRC-22) Utility Tool 5 months 3 weeks ago #41087

• devteam
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1012
@rhodes54

Thanks for the feedback. If you're talking of such tiny change, a simple modification to your overall target curve should do the trick I think. :-)
You do seem to be working very close to the max of the system here.. It's actually best that you optimize your system at -10dB and indeed have headroom. If you want more signal, just catch it up at the place where audio is amplified = the amplifier. It will be the best place. :-)

DevTeam
MiniDSP, building a DIY DSP community one board at a time.

More attenuation choices in (DDRC-22) Utility Tool 5 months 3 weeks ago #41140

• rhodes54
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for the reply, DefTeam.
The reason that I would like this feature added is that there are systems, like mine, where gain is an issue.
In my situation: My monoblock tube amps (no volume control) are quite low on sensitivity. I use a passive pre-amp/volume control in front of it (with 0,5 dB gain loss due to the passive design) so I need to try to maintain as much gain from the source as possible, every dB is one. And as you know , every 3 dB is twice as much power.
So if I can set it to -8dB (for example), I can win 2dB. Which is a lot in my system.

I hope you can put it on the list for consideration.

Thanks
Moderators: devteam