Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is the optional Forum header for the Suggestion Box.

TOPIC:

2x4 hd stops outputting sound 1 year 6 months ago #52228

• Jeronimusch
  • Thank you received: 4
Hi,
Reading this post I was wondering if the way of thinking to solve the issue should be the other way around.
If you know for sure the fridge is the root cause of the problem you better look at the fridge as these are notorious for causing these issues also washing machines and hair dryers are appliances that have the bare minimum requirement to meet regulatory approval. The unit is UL certified but that doesn't mean it is of high standard in countering EMC.
If you remove the fridge from the outlet and your system is working fine you want to connect the fridge to a different outlet that is not the same as the audiosystem.
Also you can try to connect the fridge to noise filter or try the beads on the lead of the fridge.
I've separate mains feeders for my audio gear to eleminate these issues.
Hope this helps.
The following user(s) said Thank You: petermortensen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2x4 hd stops outputting sound 1 year 6 months ago #52236

• petermortensen
  • Thank you received: 1
I thought about that too and might add some noise filter on the fridge. But the root cause of the miniDSP getting into a faulty mode with audio stopped where it needs a reboot is not that of an external device. It is due to an internal bug in the product for sure. AC noise of this type on the mains can yield some analog noise in an audio system but should never yield a latched failure mode. The fridge is doing what any fridge is doing with a compressor and a relay that yield some transient noise. Anywhere in any digital system with data transfer the data is checked for data errors and if failures are seen, data are either retransmitted, like in TCP/IP or dropped, like in UDP. Same goes for data via USB including audio and never should things crash in any permanent mode of failure due to momentary data errors. Such behavior will always be considered a bug.

2x4 hd stops outputting sound 1 year 6 months ago #52420

• petermortensen
  • Thank you received: 1
It looks like miniDSP doesn't care to fix this problem. I added this filter to my refrigerator:

So far it seems to help.
Attachments:

Moderators: devteam