Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is the optional Forum header for the Suggestion Box.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

3 - 4 ways Stereo 12 years 4 months ago #109

• R.C.
  • R.C.'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello !

I think that one of the "dreams" of many DIYers would be to get a DSP for building his proper crossover....
Now, with boards and pluggin limits to a 4 ways crossover , how to go further ?

You seems to wait about people "demand", to go ahead....
You should propose an enhanced crossover, and try to present your job across Forums, DIYaudio, Head-Fi....
Nobody before you is so near of the ultimate goal !!!

I think in few years, the most part of music would be generated by Computers, DSP for filtering, DACs ....
The Market is waiting, Behringer is quite alone in Europe, with DCX2496...

Apologies for my "limited" vocabulary
Richard

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:3 - 4 ways Stereo 12 years 4 months ago #111

• devteam
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1381
Hello Richard,

Thanks for your comments. Here are our reply to your questions:

I think that one of the "dreams" of many DIYers would be to get a DSP for building his proper crossover.... Now, with boards and pluggin limits to a 4 ways crossover , how to go further ?

4way crossover is a good start.. There aren't that many flexible multiway crossover for that price out there.. :-) Could you please clarify what you mean by "go further"? More channels?

You should propose an enhanced crossover

Once again, please clarify what you mean by enhanced. We indeed do listen to our community members. People who bought our boards realized how much we try our best to include features they like. We can't please everybody though but we always try to gauge interest in our community and then see if spending engineering time (hence money) on developing a new feature makes sense. Compared to other known large manufacturer that released their products a while back but never even modified their ancient user interface, we feel we're doing quite well for a startup. :)

Apologies for my "limited" vocabulary

No need to apologize, your thread was very good. Just clarify a bit and we'll get back to you.

miniDSP Dev Team
miniDSP, building a DSP community one board at a time.

Re:3 - 4 ways Stereo 12 years 4 months ago #114

• R.C.
  • R.C.'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks for your quick reply !

Simply, I would like to buid my own crossover in the context :

I play music from eePC, from flac files, to a final 3 ways stereo speakers
Getting SPdif from PC Notebook (USB/spdif )
Enter "a board" ... Yours ?
Getting 3 ways stereo crossover managed by my PC (filter order, level, late )
Out of the board to 3 stereo DACs spdif input
Then to 3 stereo amplifiers , one by pair driver (bass, medium, trebble)

That is "my dream"

May be I didn't really understood all the capabilities from your hardware and applications and I could do now, with some more details / advices ?

Regards
Richard

Re:3 - 4 ways Stereo 12 years 4 months ago #125

• devteam
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1381
Richard,

Nice little setup you're trying to build.. :-)

Your dream won't be too far off when we release the SPDIF + Sample Rate Converter card in about 3 weeks. You will then be able to input audio digitally (SPDIF/Toslink) at whichever rate your audio files is (thanks to Sample Rate Converter). More information about this card will come out in next week I hope, so please wait to see if you have further questions after reading the specs.

Audio could then be processed by our miniDSP kit + 4way crossover. If you don't want to use the on-board DAC, you could then come out with I2S digital audio to feed an external DAC board of your choice. Have a look at our I2S tech notes for more info, but basically, you may need to do a bit of research of your own if you plan to DIY with one of your external circuit.

For this setup to work, you'll need to get 2 x MiniDSP kits + 4way plug-ins + 2 xSPDIF cards.

Hope this makes sense,

Tony
miniDSP, building a DSP community one board at a time.

• Page:
Moderators: devteam