Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This section is dedicated to showcasing or sharing valuable information about Subwoofer Tuning

TOPIC: Multiple subwoofer integration

Multiple subwoofer integration 1 week 6 days ago #47249

• juszat65
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi . I recently moved into a new house which has a dedicated home theater . I purchased additional subwoofers to make it 4 total . I use a HT precessor with Dirac but also have a minisdp 2X4 . My question is .

Can i integrate the 4 subwoofer with the rest of the speaker using the Dirac in the processor ( making measurments and set target curves for the whole system ) OR should i use the minidsp to set the 4 subwoofers up using REW ( level matching , delays and phase setting crossovers ) and then using Dirac to make the final measurments and set target curve as a whole system ?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Multiple subwoofer integration 1 week 6 days ago #47250

• john.reekie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1558
I don't think there's a simple answer to your question. The advantage of using the minidsp on the subs is that you can control each independently. However there's some time involved in the setup which is what will really determine (combined with how your room measures anyway) whether it's better that way -> www.minidsp.com/applications/home-theate...tuning-multiple-subs

What's the model of the processor?
I am not miniDSP support.

"You must ask the right questions." - Dr. Alfred Lanning's hologram.
-> Have you read the User Manual??
-> Have you drawn and posted a diagram?
-> Have you posted a screenshot?
-> Have you posted your config file?
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: devteam