Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This section is dedicated to showcasing or sharing valuable information about Subwoofer Tuning
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Noobie question: Where to apply correction filter 2 years 6 months ago #42901

• mattel
  • mattel's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi,
I would greatly appreciate any help with the following:

I have dual subs connected to Emotiva XMC-1 dual mono sub outputs (one output for each sub). My goal is to Eq both subs. Which method will yield the better result: measuring them individually or combined?

Where would I load the filters in the minidsp: input or output channels and does it make a difference?

Also, I am having trouble getting REW to output sweep signals to my surround and center channels; it will only output them to the subs and mains. The audio mode setting is "direct".

Thanks,

Matt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Noobie question: Where to apply correction filter 1 year 4 months ago #50346

• LynxTWO
  • Thank you received: 1
What did you find out for this? I'm building two Tuba HT 36"x36" cubes with the Dayton Ultimax drivers. Currently, I'm using an AutoTuba. I found it's best to set your AVR's crossover to the highest point (200hz in my case) and then I did the following:

www.minidsp.com/forum/minidsp-for-newbie...input-then-eq-output

I'd be interested to see if it would be advantageous to EQ each sub separately on the Inputs and then EQ them both running on the Outputs. I would think this would give you better results since you are correcting for room modes on each one, and THEN correcting for overall output and room modes for both.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by LynxTWO. Reason: Clarification
  • Page:
Moderators: devteam