Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Need help configuring your plug-ins? This is the place to ask the miniDSP community for help. Please read manual first to limit 101 questions.

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Save my sanity! Won't sync 9 years 7 months ago #9343

• keager
  • keager's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
I have had my 8x8 for a while. i added the Digi-fp and now it won't sync. I made sure I updated adobe, removed, then reinstalled plug in, updated firmware. I need some fresh ideas. i beleive I tried everything I've found on this forum. All I get is the "cannot connect" and it tries three times. Was working fine up till now. i did also reset my computer, tried different usb plugs, etc.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Save my sanity! Won't sync 9 years 7 months ago #9346

• gnl
Not sure this will help you, but if you get the message at least the software seems OK. When Air or .NET are not working you won't get this message.
Usually I have to retry at least once to get the connection, but probably you tried that already.

Is the PC still the same? Did you change the USB cable? (Some USB extension cables do not extrend the shield).
Are you sure Digi-FP and 8x8 are correctly connected? Is there any LED turned on?

Success. Hope this helps you and gives you any new ideas.

Save my sanity! Won't sync 9 years 7 months ago #9347

• keager
I tried a different usb cable and The external led comes on, but not the internal blinking blue led. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Attachments:

Save my sanity! Won't sync 9 years 7 months ago #9349

• keager
I will add also that when plugging in the Minidsp, the computer does not acknowledge something has plugged in. It used to say"usb device plugged in " or whatever. But now it does not. This is the same pc.

Save my sanity! Won't sync 9 years 7 months ago #9350

• keager
The good noews now is that I got the MINIdsp to connect. It brings up the menu that says serial number and asks if I want to uprage and sync, etc. I choose to sync and it says loading config to board. After a minute a menu comes up that says that firmware mst be recovered or application needs to be closed. I select the firmware option and it goes for a minute and the same firmware menu comes up. The blue led inside is on, but pulses from bright to fairly dim quite rapidly. Hmmmmm. any thoughts?

Save my sanity! Won't sync 9 years 7 months ago #9364

• devteam
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1451
@ Keager,

What's the version of firmware on this board? Possible that you indeed need to upgrade the firmware since your 8x8 was an older board.
- There is a step by step in the User Manual on how to upgrade the firmware. Did you try it? You have to run it from a Windows PC.
- What software version are you using? Make sure that you download the latest version from the UserDownloads section.

DevTeam
miniDSP, building a DSP community one board at a time.

Save my sanity! Won't sync 9 years 7 months ago #9366

• keager

@ Keager,

What's the version of firmware on this board? Possible that you indeed need to upgrade the firmware since your 8x8 was an older board.
- There is a step by step in the User Manual on how to upgrade the firmware. Did you try it? You have to run it from a Windows PC.
- What software version are you using? Make sure that you download the latest version from the UserDownloads section.

DevTeam

It is an older laptop with windows Vista. Same laptop that has been working fine with the exact same board. Yes I have downloaded the 2x8/8x8 2.7 firmware and followed the instructions in the manual. The only difference now, is that I've downloaded the 4x10 plugin, was using the 10x1o previously, and I just put in the DigiFP.

Save my sanity! Won't sync 9 years 7 months ago #9367

• keager
I just updated the firmware once again and it updated without any problems. It says the update was successful, but when trying to upgrade and sync, it brings up the menu of restoring factory default, which I select, then goes back to the same menu.

Save my sanity! Won't sync 9 years 7 months ago #9376

• keager
I will start a new thread dedicated to the firmware issue since it is syncing now.

Save my sanity! Won't sync 9 years 7 months ago #9407

• keager
Well since my mini dsp is back to the not syncing status, I'm looking for suggestions. I had a jumper connected incorrectly during my attempts to trouble shoot. I changed it as shown by DEVteam. Still won'tconnect. Here is the status-When I plug in the minidsp to my windows vista laptop(adobe air has been updated and all windows updates), it makes the litle beep, but does not say that usb device driver being installed like it would when it used to sync. I can bring up the 4x10 software and update the firmware to 2.7 using the hex file that I downloaded for the 2x8/8x8. Thefirmware menu shows the device is detected and the firmware updates fine. I reset it, save configuration, and try to sync, and it very breifly flashes the little white menu then goes into the " Cannot connect to the system, retry 1st attempt" etc, until it say to connect the board. I have tried different usb cables, removing and sb driver and reinstalling, deleting all mini dsp software and reinstalling...Starnge because not long ago, it was syncing, but giving me the restore to default menu repeatedly. Any other suggestions? Oh yes, I have tried restoring to factory fefault before trying to sync and that changed nothing. Is this a Windows vista USB thing?

Save my sanity! Won't sync 9 years 7 months ago #9430

• keager
Dev Team, you out there?

Save my sanity! Won't sync 2 years 7 months ago #48800

• herwintan
  • Thank you received: 0
I'm having the exact same issue, wondering if you found the solution to this?

• Page:
Moderators: devteam