Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Need help configuring your plug-ins? This is the place to ask the miniDSP community for help. Please read manual first to limit 101 questions.

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

4way PEQ How To? 12 years 3 months ago #395

• shumgaryhk
  • shumgaryhk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
I am using a 2way crossover configuration of miniDsp.

If using for 4way Crossover, on hardware side I need two miniDSP and two miniDIGI and software is 4way PEQ.

my question how to configure the two miniDSP board at the same time?

1. can it be configured at the same time using one USB cable?

2. or I need to configure one side of miniDSP broad and then the other side? which mean a switch USB cable is required? is that correct?

3. if switch UBS cable is required, can one PC connect to two miniDSP boards using two USB cables? other alternative?

Thanks
Gary

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:4way PEQ How To? 12 years 3 months ago #397

• devteam
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1384
Hello Gary,

1. can it be configured at the same time using one USB cable?
Answer: No, only one board can be configured at a time. Please read our FAQ for more information.

2. or I need to configure one side of miniDSP broad and then the other side? which mean a switch USB cable is required? is that correct?
Answer: Yes that's correct, you'll need to switch from one side to the other.

3. if switch UBS cable is required, can one PC connect to two miniDSP boards using two USB cables? other alternative?
Answer: Unfortunately not, you can only connect a single board at a time to your PC to make sure it connects to the correct board.

Hope this makes sense,

DevTeam
miniDSP, building a DSP community one board at a time.

Re:4way PEQ How To? 12 years 3 months ago #402

• shumgaryhk
  • shumgaryhk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi,

Thanks for your explanation.

it is fully understand s/w functionality are important at the beginning.

But I do suggest user friendly will also a success factor of a well developed application.

Appreciate if you can put it into your enhancement list to include multi-broad configuration function.

Gary

Re:4way PEQ How To? 12 years 3 months ago #405

• devteam
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Gary,

You're correct that more documentation and step by step application guides would be very useful to the community. Please understand that we've just been very busy lately.

We've meant to do it but just haven't had time. We'll move it up the list to get it published on our website asap.

DevTeam

Re:4way PEQ How To? 12 years 3 months ago #410

• devteam
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Gary,

While we don't have a 4way HowTo yet, the latest app note on 2way systems along with Jumper Chart configuration should get you started since 2way system are so closed to 4way systems.

Hope this information helps to get you started. A similar app note to follow shortly.

DevTeam

• Page:
Moderators: devteam