Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Need help configuring your plug-ins? This is the place to ask the miniDSP community for help. Please read manual first to limit 101 questions.

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

BiQuad newbie . . . . need advice that pertains to a 2x4 kit 3 months 3 weeks ago #59742

• knuckle_head
  • knuckle_head's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
I need to be able to EQ and potentially cross over below 20 Hz - is this even possible with biquad programming and/or ANY 2x4 miniDSP solution?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

BiQuad newbie . . . . need advice that pertains to a 2x4 kit 3 months 2 weeks ago #59803

• knuckle_head
  • knuckle_head's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
By way of further detail; I have designed a vented subwoofer that has low end extension to 12 Hz. It has capacity to deliver about 110 dB @ 12 Hz.

I need my MiniDSP to be able to at once give me a high pass filter at or just above 10 Hz, allow me to apply a negative response EQ curve to allow me to flatten response at/to 12 Hz, and allow me to crossover at 60-65 Hz and provide bi-ampable line level signal.

Is the MiniDSP 2x4 kit hardware up to this or should I be looking at a different DSP solution?

FWIW, I am currently using MiniDSPs (2x4, both balanced and unbalanced kits) to adjust to and cross over for sealed subs that I currently sell - their rigor is 20 Hz and is on the edge of capacity with basic GUI parameters and it's been working great. It's an environment I've grown familiar and comfortable with. I'll likely continue to use MiniDSP as a solution for my sealed subs. I NEED a solution for the new subs.

Anybody?

Bueller?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by knuckle_head.
  • Page:
Moderators: devteam