Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Need help configuring your plug-ins? This is the place to ask the miniDSP community for help. Please read manual first to limit 101 questions.

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Minidsp HD freezing when loading peq files 5 months 4 days ago #58995

• Westrsmith
  • Westrsmith's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 3
repost, sorry originally posted in wrong forum:
So i've been using my minidsp for a few years, and now in the last week or so, when trying to lad peq file from Rew, the whole thing freezes. It will allow me to load the text file on one channel, but when i try to load the next file the folder opens but everything is frozen. I have force quit and tried starting with different channels and the results are the same. No idea why this started happening. Any ideas?
I am using a macbook pro os 12.1 Monterey.
Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: CarlosdelJunco

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Minidsp HD freezing when loading peq files 5 months 3 days ago #59055

• Westrsmith
I tried upgrading firmware and uninstalling and reinstalling software, no change. The unit won’t respond to remote. I can switch configuration in the app anything else crashes the software.
any help would be appreciated 

Minidsp HD freezing when loading peq files 5 months 3 days ago #59056

• Ultrasonic
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 420
The support ticket discussed in another thread on this topic is the way to try to get this resolved.

Minidsp HD freezing when loading peq files 5 months 3 days ago #59057

• Westrsmith
which thread?

Minidsp HD freezing when loading peq files 5 months 3 days ago #59058

• Ultrasonic
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Minidsp HD freezing when loading peq files 5 months 3 days ago #59059

• Westrsmith
He stated that he he did what was in the support ticket and so did I and problem still persists. Sorry If I'm missing something

Minidsp HD freezing when loading peq files 5 months 3 days ago #59060

• Westrsmith
I also opened a ticket 3 days ago and got no response

Minidsp HD freezing when loading peq files 5 months 3 days ago #59062

• Ultrasonic
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

I also opened a ticket 3 days ago and got no response

It's the Chinese New Year right now so it will likely take a bit longer to get support I'm afraid.

My point above was that waiting for miniDSP staff to try to help was probably the way to go here.

Minidsp HD freezing when loading peq files 5 months 3 days ago #59064

• Westrsmith
Ahh ok got it, I misunderstood, thanks for the reply 
just a strange sudden quirk
hopefully I hear something soonThanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ultrasonic

Minidsp HD freezing when loading peq files 4 months 3 weeks ago #59243

• CarlosdelJunco
  • Thank you received: 4
Westrsmith, Have you heard anything from tech support regarding this? I'm experiencing exactly what you are on Monterey 12.2.1 on a new M1 Macbook Pro.

I'm pretty peeved to say the least since I just dropped $2000 (Canadian taxes and shipping included) for the SHD! That and my inability to post URL links in my posts. Tech support says it's because I'm "junior member" that in time I'll be able to post URL links (if I try to do this, my posts are blocked as SPAM). I'm not sure I believe them...

If the minidsp freezing when loading PEQ files is specifically a Monterey issue, they should not be selling products that don't work properly especially given there is no possibility for a refund. There are no warnings on the web site about compatibility issues. I actually checked this before purchase. This is really bad business practice.

Last edit: by CarlosdelJunco.

Minidsp HD freezing when loading peq files 4 months 2 weeks ago #59330

• Westrsmith
Sorry for the delay, I started to write you a few days ago and got distracted mid way and then forgot. I did get a response but it was basically no help. I was told that they could not reproduce what was happening on their Macs. But as you can see many other posters who are running the latest version of Monterey OS are having the same issues. Not sure if they are all running the apple chips or not.
I did get things working, but just by repeating steps I had done before, do I can’t explain it. But this is what I did.
1 reset the unit to factory reset, force quit the app- restarted  Mac 
2 uninstalled software on my Mac- restarted the Mac
3 re-installed the the software - restarted the Mac
4 ran firmware update on newly installed plug in- restarted the Mac

after this it started working again. Obviously all my settings were gone, but I was able to reload saved files and it has been working since then. But I’m not confident that it wont happen again.
I had run all those steps a few times before, only difference was that I hadn’t restarted Mac after every step. Don’t know why it worked this time. I guess if you haven’t done that give it a try and see.
Please let me know if you try this if it works for you. I feel like it was just random that it worked this time, but if that’s indeed what needs to be done would be good to know
The following user(s) said Thank You: CarlosdelJunco

Minidsp HD freezing when loading peq files 4 months 2 weeks ago #59336

• CarlosdelJunco
  • Thank you received: 4
Hey, thanks Westrsmith for sharing your experience and re-sets. At least minidsp acknowledged the Monterey bug regarding the PEQ files causing freezing, did you see the post they put up a couple days ago? I think I'll want until they fix things. I think tech support people don't like me and think I'm high maintenance since I responded with their posted note saying they were presently working on the bug. Any other company I know always puts a disclaimer saying something to the effect: "We haven't had a chance to fully check the functionality of the new Mac OS, so we don't fully support Mac X at this time..." or something to that effect - until they've done full tests. EG, UAD plugins (Universal Audio) did this when Monterey first came out. Just a courtesy to warn customers before buying.

A quick question since I'm so new at this (only just got a decent room correction with Dirac Live yesterday), when loading one of the 4 saved Dirac Live curves into one of the 4 minidsp configuration presets available for the minidsp hardware, does that DL preset override any saved PEQ might be doing in that particular minidsp preset? Or does Dirac Live on stack on top (in addition to) what that given minidsp preset is doing including PEQ? I'm guessing the latter since one needs the crossovers to work, yes?

• Page:
Moderators: devteam