Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Need help configuring your plug-ins? This is the place to ask the miniDSP community for help. Please read manual first to limit 101 questions.

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

2x4 HD sub peak limit 6 months 2 weeks ago #58914

• type809
  • type809's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hey guys
I would appreciate some info on how to use my 2x4 hd to limit the max output level to my subs when dangerously high input signals occur. Example- when the BBC Radio 1 ad comes on at the end of a youtube video at a level 8-10 db higher than the preceding music, followed by smoke from the vents of my crown amp!! Please Help
Paul K.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2x4 HD sub peak limit 6 months 2 weeks ago #58916

• dreite
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 709
Unless your 2x4HD can see into the future, you'll have to use it to implement a "dumb" limiting filter of some sort.  Or you could do it with some sort of analog pad or limiter elsewhere in your gain structure.

These sort of large, unexpected, relative volume changes are an inherent issue in radio streams these days.  I know of no sure-fire way to solve this problem, without tradeoffs of some sort.

Dave.

Last edit: by dreite. Reason: update

2x4 HD sub peak limit 6 months 2 weeks ago #58919

• Laci
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello
I bought a miniDSP 2x4.
I have a coupon code for the plugin, I typed it where I need it but I can't download the plugin because there is no download

2x4 HD sub peak limit 6 months 2 weeks ago #58922

• Ultrasonic
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 431

Hey guys
I would appreciate some info on how to use my 2x4 hd to limit the max output level to my subs when dangerously high input signals occur. Example- when the BBC Radio 1 ad comes on at the end of a youtube video at a level 8-10 db higher than the preceding music, followed by smoke from the vents of my crown amp!! Please Help
Paul K.

The Compressor option in the outputs tab of the plugin may help you?
The following user(s) said Thank You: type809

• Page:
Moderators: devteam