Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Need help configuring your plug-ins? This is the place to ask the miniDSP community for help. Please read manual first to limit 101 questions.

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Qobuz skipping tracks after pause 8 months 2 days ago #58146

• stevemallen
  • stevemallen's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi... I'm running version 1.111 on SHD Studio and have noticed an annoying problem using Qobuz:  if I pause a track, then start playing again, the audio will play for a few seconds then always skip to the next track.

This is very frustrating.   I read a few reports online of this behaviour so if it's a bug perhaps there's a Volumio patch that can be applied?

Doesn’t seem to affect local file playback,  only streaming.  And is consistently broken.

Anyone else noticed this behaviour?

Regards

Steve

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Qobuz skipping tracks after pause 8 months 4 hours ago #58167

• Ultrasonic
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 431
I have experienced this before but testing quickly now it was fine. It may be that it happens if play is paused for a long time?

Last edit: by Ultrasonic.

Qobuz skipping tracks after pause 8 months 1 hour ago #58170

• stevemallen
Yes, it’s definitely quite unpredictable.  But I don’t have this issue with the Qobuz app itself, nor USB Audio Player Pro which I use on Android.
I also used to use an Auralic Aries Mini with Lightning DS software and that too was fine.  I can only assume it is Volumio or the plugin.

Volumio is open source so in theory I could look at the code, but maybe Minidsp use a custom version…

I have considered getting Roon, maybe that’s the answer…. don’t know if it would help.

Qobuz skipping tracks after pause 8 months 1 hour ago #58171

• stevemallen
community.volumio.org/t/volumio-2-868-qo...ps-after-pause/45010

So in the above thread they talk about this problem, but I don’t know how our version 1.111 relates to 2.868?

Qobuz skipping tracks after pause 8 months 1 hour ago #58172

• Ultrasonic
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 431

Volumio is open source so in theory I could look at the code, but maybe Minidsp use a custom version…

Yes, there is a specific version of Volumio for miniDSP, as you've spotted by the very different version numbers. The most significant differences are the Volumio options to change inputs and presets, and the free native support for Qobuz and Tidal.

There has been talk in another thread of a version of Volumio 3 coming to the SHD series. Possibly that will solve this if it has already been address in newer Volumio builds.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevemallen

• Page:
Moderators: devteam