Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Need help configuring your plug-ins? This is the place to ask the miniDSP community for help. Please read manual first to limit 101 questions.

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Changing PEQ after importing from REW 10 months 3 weeks ago #57130

• TMV
  • TMV's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 4
Hi,
I have the miniDSP 4*10HD. Use it as a preamp and DSP. It's connected as a three way Xover. I first used REW to flatten the response from 1m of all the drivers, then to adjust delay between drivers as instructed in the tutorial. All all those changes were on the output tab of each driver, of-course. 
Then I have made measurements from the listening position and created a EQ file. That file was imported to right and left inputs. Overall I am very pleased. Yet I would like to make some manual changes to the PEQ on top of the imported PEQ file. Is that possible? I tried to position the mouse in the frequency I want to modify and change it but that had no effect. Is there a way to add these changes after the import from REW.?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Changing PEQ after importing from REW 10 months 3 weeks ago #57134

• Ultrasonic
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 431
I've not used the 4x10 but I suspect you have a choice of either using defined biquads or the manual controls. You can make the changes manually in REW and then generate new filters to export though, which is probably your best option.

Changing PEQ after importing from REW 10 months 3 weeks ago #57142

• TMV
Thanks. This method is usefull but doesn't let you calibrate "on the fly". What I have noticed in my case is that one PEQ slot is not used. I can change it to basic and use it. But you method is more robust.

Changing PEQ after importing from REW 10 months 3 weeks ago #57144

• Ultrasonic
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 431

Thanks. This method is usefull but doesn't let you calibrate "on the fly". What I have noticed in my case is that one PEQ slot is not used. I can change it to basic and use it. But you method is more robust.

In case it helps, do you know you can limit the number of biquads used by REW initially, so that by the sound of it you'd then have more than one to adjust manually later?

I'm guessing the 4x10 HD has different presets you can switch between? If so the other option, and probably the one I'd use, is to do everything in REW but then save different option in different presets to quickly switch between to try.

Changing PEQ after importing from REW 10 months 2 weeks ago #57151

• TMV
I wasn't aware of the option to limit presets. What I ended up doing is exactly what you have suggested. Uploaded different PEQ files to different presets and played around to see which is best.
Thanks.

• Page:
Moderators: devteam