Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Need help configuring your plug-ins? This is the place to ask the miniDSP community for help. Please read manual first to limit 101 questions.

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

REW Equalization Files won't Import to Minidsp 2x4HD 3 months 3 weeks ago #56472

• 1mrdad
  • 1mrdad's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello. I just purchased a Minidsp 2x4 HD and a UMIK1. I also downloaded the latest version of REW. I was able to successfully connect all of the hardware, and I was able to take a number of readings with REW. After successfully saving the REW files, I tried importing them to the 2x4 HD  without success. I followed the instructions in "Auto EQ with Room EQ Wizard" to a "T". I changed the PEQ from basic to advanced, clicked on import file, found the file, clicked on the file, the screen blinked, clicked process, and no change.  Any suggestions?  TIA 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

REW Equalization Files won't Import to Minidsp 2x4HD 3 months 3 weeks ago #56475

• Ultrasonic
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 279

Hello. I just purchased a Minidsp 2x4 HD and a UMIK1. I also downloaded the latest version of REW. I was able to successfully connect all of the hardware, and I was able to take a number of readings with REW. After successfully saving the REW files, I tried importing them to the 2x4 HD  without success. I followed the instructions in "Auto EQ with Room EQ Wizard" to a "T". I changed the PEQ from basic to advanced, clicked on import file, found the file, clicked on the file, the screen blinked, clicked process, and no change.  Any suggestions?  TIA 

You need to export the filter values as a text file, and it is this that then need to be imported to your 2x4 HD.

REW Equalization Files won't Import to Minidsp 2x4HD 3 months 3 weeks ago #56482

• 1mrdad
I have been exporting the filter files as txt files, and importing them as txt files. I even tried cutting and pasting them into the minidsp app, but no joy.

REW Equalization Files won't Import to Minidsp 2x4HD 3 months 3 weeks ago #56490

• Ultrasonic
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

I have been exporting the filter files as txt files, and importing them as txt files. I even tried cutting and pasting them into the minidsp app, but no joy.

Do you have the Equaliser set to 2x4 HD? (Top section on the right of the EQ window.) This combined with the 'Save filter coefficient to filet' option should work.

Last edit: by Ultrasonic.

REW Equalization Files won't Import to Minidsp 2x4HD 3 months 2 weeks ago #56500

• 1mrdad
I have the equalizer set to minidsp 2x4 HD, and using the export filter settings as text. But, the files still do not transfer.. minidsp sees the txt files, but when I click on it, the screen "blinks" and nothing happens. 

REW Equalization Files won't Import to Minidsp 2x4HD 3 months 2 weeks ago #56508

• 1mrdad
I am going into the REW equalization tab, inputting target settings and filter tasks. Then I click on save filter coefficients to file. Then, I open minidsp, click on output PEQ tab, click on advanced, click on import, and click on the appropriate txt file. The screen blinks, and goes back to the parametric equalizer screen with NO changes made.

REW Equalization Files won't Import to Minidsp 2x4HD 3 months 2 weeks ago #56510

• Ultrasonic
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
If you open the file you're trying to import does it have filter values in it, or are all the numbers zero?

Edit: maybe you could attach the file?
The following user(s) said Thank You: devteam

Last edit: by Ultrasonic.

REW Equalization Files won't Import to Minidsp 2x4HD 3 months 2 weeks ago #56567

• devteam
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1316
We're most likely missing a step here indeed.. :-) 
Please share that txt file. You can also start a support ticket with our team. (support.minidsp.com). They'd be happy to help!
miniDSP, building a DSP community one board at a time.

REW Equalization Files won't Import to Minidsp 2x4HD 3 months 2 weeks ago #56575

• 1mrdad
So, I started from scratch and found that in REW I had never clicked on "match response to target" to create the equalization file. Once, I did that and saved it, I was able to load the equalization file to the minidsp. I am still experimenting with creating equalization files in REW, but even with my first attempt the improvement in bass response was impressive. I have a 5.2.4 system in a small 12'x7 1/2' room. One sub on the front wall and one in the middle of the left wall.

REW Equalization Files won't Import to Minidsp 2x4HD 3 months 2 weeks ago #56596

• devteam
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1316
Glad to hear that you're all set.. 
miniDSP, building a DSP community one board at a time.

• Page:
Moderators: devteam