Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Need help configuring your plug-ins? This is the place to ask the miniDSP community for help. Please read manual first to limit 101 questions.

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

MinisDSP 2X4 HD updated firmware and plugin 1 year 2 months ago #55703

• BJB
  • BJB's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 2
I purchased my unit last year and checked today if there was an updated plugin and saw there us a new plugin version and a new firmware version?  If everything works is there any reason to upgrade? I am on Windows 10.  I saw the post about how the new versions are moving on from Air but was curious if there was anything else critical. Is the firmware upgraded too?

Also is there a place where the plugin upgrade and firmware upgrade process is described?  

I apologize as I really did look around but could not locate it.  
thanks,
BJB

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

MinisDSP 2X4 HD updated firmware and plugin 1 year 2 months ago #55704

• Ultrasonic
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 432

Also is there a place where the plugin upgrade and firmware upgrade process is described?  

I apologize as I really did look around but could not locate it.  

It is described in the user manual for the 2x4 HD.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BJB

MinisDSP 2X4 HD updated firmware and plugin 1 year 2 months ago #55713

• BJB
Thanks. If you are aware would you recommend that the changes to the firmware or plugin software make it worthwhile to upgrade a functioning system?

Also to help others out, it is not in the manual but Readme of the new plugin says if you are running plugin version 1.16 or lower uninstall it first.
BJB

Last edit: by BJB.

MinisDSP 2X4 HD updated firmware and plugin 1 year 2 months ago #55714

• Ultrasonic
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 432

Thanks. If you are aware would you recommend that the changes to the firmware or plugin software make it worthwhile to upgrade a functioning system?

I didn't really feel I knew enough to comment on this part  . The Adobe Air issue you mentioned may well be the biggest reason to update though I'd guess.

I will say I have updated the firmware one my own 2x4 HD in the past without issues though.

MinisDSP 2X4 HD updated firmware and plugin 1 year 2 months ago #55716

• BJB
Thanks. I noted the windows 10 driver was the same version as July 2020. So I uninstalled the plugin per the readme, installed the new plugin, then updated the firmware. All is well although based on the plugin version log, it looks to be all mac updates since my last install.

Thanks,
BJB

• Page:
Moderators: devteam