Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Need help configuring your plug-ins? This is the place to ask the miniDSP community for help. Please read manual first to limit 101 questions.

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Control / read MiniDSP 2x4HD status from Arduino 1 year 6 months ago #54122

• Rubberducky
  • Rubberducky's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi All.

Not a question, but an announcement.

I've created a driver for the MiniDSP 2x4HD in the USB Host Shield 2.0 library for Arduino.
This allows you to read out / configure information on your DSP from an Arduino coupled with a USB Host Shield.

Currently, only retrieving volume / muted status have been implemented, but additions for different things can be added easily.

I use it to control an LED strip mounted in my TV Cabinet to show an animation when the volume goes up or down, together with lighting up the LED strip further the louder the absolute volume is. I'll add a link to the GitHub page once it's more polished.

The library can be found at github.com/felis/USB_Host_Shield_2.0, the API of the driver itself is here .

You can just register callbacks for the events you want to listen for (volume change, muted status change,... ), or you can read out the current values whenever needed.

The implementation is based on the work done by Mathieu Rene: Mathieu Rene: github.com/mrene/node-minidsp and Mark Kubiak: github.com/markubiak/python3-minidsp.

Let me know if you guys have some questions or suggestions.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nonya

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Control / read MiniDSP 2x4HD status from Arduino 1 year 2 months ago #55725

• nonya
  • Thank you received: 0
That is awesome, I'm wanting to try something similar but with the Seeeduino Xiao,   super cheap, pretty powerful and already USB host, so no need for the host shield. 
So far, no luck as this is not my domain of expertise , but fun to research. 

Control / read MiniDSP 2x4HD status from Arduino 1 year 2 months ago #55726

• Rubberducky
  • Rubberducky's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
I have not had a look at the Seeeduino Xiao, but it looks cool. I think the STM32F4 (Black Pill) board also has USB host capabilities I think.

For now I just chose the USB Host Shield for Arduino since it seems to be the most supported, so easiest to get going from existing documentation.

• Page:
Moderators: devteam