Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Need help configuring your plug-ins? This is the place to ask the miniDSP community for help. Please read manual first to limit 101 questions.

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

How to apply digital gain? 1 year 6 months ago #49806

• lollo
  • lollo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Is there any way to apply digital gain with the 2x4 advanced plugin? The input and output gain controls seem to work like attenuators, with the maximum at 0db, but how to apply positive gain?

The purpose of this is to create a DSP for monitoring sound in noisy environment, the compressor reduces the dynamic range but I'd need to compensate by applying digital gain. Normally compressors have a make-up gain control for this but I don't see it in this case.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

How to apply digital gain? 1 year 5 months ago #50276

• andyr
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 17

Is there any way to apply digital gain with the 2x4 advanced plugin? The input and output gain controls seem to work like attenuators, with the maximum at 0db, but how to apply positive gain?

The purpose of this is to create a DSP for monitoring sound in noisy environment, the compressor reduces the dynamic range but I'd need to compensate by applying digital gain. Normally compressors have a make-up gain control for this but I don't see it in this case.

Thanks

Yes - you use the 'High Shelf' or 'Low Shelf' selections in the EQ window. (I have done this with a 2x4 and also a nanoDIGI 2x8.)

Andy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: devteam