Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Need help configuring your plug-ins? This is the place to ask the miniDSP community for help. Please read manual first to limit 101 questions.

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

MiniDSP 2x4HD: exposing inputs to driver? 2 years 9 months ago #47408

• mfeif
  • mfeif's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi there.

I'm building a sort of pre-amp around a MiniDSP 2x4HD and a Raspberry Pi. I have pretty strong Linux skills and experience with audio/ALSA/PulseAudio on Linux and rpi's.

I've been looking for ways to get the digital stream of the sampled analog inputs via a driver connected via USB. I'd like this straight signal, BEFORE it passes through the DSP (I'm using the crossover plugin). Essentially, I'd like to use the MiniDSP as an ADC to get the analog sound as a digital stream onto my network and use it in a different part of the house (record player to my study).

If one inspects the driver with command line tools, in ALSA, there are several "ports" that show up as microphones, and a few of them show up in PulseAudio as well. I've tried recording data off of all of these "sources" while sending analog audio through the analog inputs; all of the resulting files are full of blank samples.

I'm attaching a couple of files; one is a dump of what ALSA sees (via alsactl). One is a dump of what PulseAudio sees (sitting on top of ALSA, of course). FYI, alsamixer doesn't show all the bits that come out of alsactl, weirdly.

So, is there a way to grab onto the incoming digitized stream from the analog inputs? (Or any of the other inputs, really... whatever the MiniDSP is processing?)

I'm happy to keep troubleshooting and offering dumps and logs.

Thanks!

Obviously, the digitized analog signal is "in there" before it goes through DSP. And it seems that some notion of inputs present to the usb audio driver...
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: devteam