Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Need help configuring your plug-ins? This is the place to ask the miniDSP community for help. Please read manual first to limit 101 questions.

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.

TOPIC: Just deployed a miniDSP 2x4 Balanced...

Just deployed a miniDSP 2x4 Balanced... 1 week 4 days ago #47289

• muzicman82
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi all,
I'm new here, but I'm not new to audio. I'm a pro-AV engineer by day. At my home office desk, I have a pair of JBL LSR305s and a JBL LSR310S. I replaced my JBL MSC1 with the miniDSP because it is falling apart and I can't get parts. I liked having extra aux inputs and a big knob but I can do without. The MSC1 had built-in room correction and sub management so I had to find a replacement for that, and miniDSP fit the bill.

This setup is used for music listening from my desktop PC these days, but on occasion I do some studio or post production mixing/mastering. I'm not going for super high-end obviously, but the bang for the buck with these JBLs is fantastic. It helps that I work for a dealer.

Anyways, since it seems to be one of the go-to's around here, I tried REW briefly. Seems straightforward enough, but I ended up going back to tuning with what I know... Smaart v8.

I got the 2x4 Advanced plugin and while it was easy to use, I couldn't help but look for these features:
  • Click & Drag EQ
  • Bypass All for an input or output's parametric EQ.
  • Ability to link Output 1 and Output 3 EQ temporarily, and then unlink to adjust individually.... copy works but...
  • Wish you could copy one filter and paste to any other filter.

If I'm doing something wrong and missed these things, please let me know.

Does REW have any advantages over Smaart for use with miniDSP? I see you can import calculated results from REW, but how many of you use those as the Bible and roll? It seemed like once I import an EQ, I can't adjust it.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: devteam